About Me

I'm a girl with lotzzz of emotions and dreams... And I just love my work... SO enjoii my blogs... :-)

Friday, February 29, 2008

Pav Bhaji


When I was in Hyderabad, I used to eat lots and lots of chat. In all of them, my most favorite is Pav Bhaji. Wooooww just by writing the name itself, I get water into my mouth and now can smell the flavor of that. So here comes the recipe.


Ingredients:
  • Medium boiled potatoes 6 nos.
  • Peas ½ cup
  • Capsicum chopped 1 cup
  • Carrots chopped ½ cup
  • Cabbage chopped ½ cup
  • Tomatoes chopped 2 cups
  • Onions chopped ¾ cup
  • Ginger-garlic paste 1 tbsp.
  • Red chili powder 1 tsp.
  • Lemon Juice (as per your taste)
  • Chopped green coriander 1 tsp.
  • Pav Bhaji Masala 1½ tbsp.
  • Salt To taste
  • Pav (a kind of bread)
Method:
  • Boil all the vegetables. Mash coarsely
  • Heat oil and butter in a pan together.
  • To it add the onions. Once the onions are brown, add the ginger-garlic paste.
  • Add the pav-bhaji masala, red chili powder and tomatoes. Stir constantly. Cook it for 5-10 mins.
  • Once cooked add the coarsely ground vegetables. Fry for sometime. Put salt and water. Mix and let it cook.
  • Split the pav from the center. Take butter in a pan. Heat the pav in the pan.
  • Garnish the bhaji with coriander leaves and add lemon juice.
  • Serve bhaji hot with pav.
Preparation Time:
30mins for Preparation

Serves: 4

Note:
To get a spicy pav flavor, Sprinkle little red chili powder on the pav after they get heated up.

No comments: