About Me

I'm a girl with lotzzz of emotions and dreams... And I just love my work... SO enjoii my blogs... :-)

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Capsicum Mutter paneer curry

This curry, actually I tasted it in my friends place and tried my way. Because I generally avoid fatty food, so taking this recipe as base you can do your own...
Ingredients:
  • Capsicum 1Cup (cut to Small)
  • Peas or mutter 1Cup
  • Fried Paneer 1cup
  • Onion 1.5cups
  • Tomatoes 1cup
  • Cashew nuts 1cup
  • Malai 4tsps
  • Red Chilly powder 2tsps (In accordance to your spiciness)
  • Garam masala 1/2tsp
  • Ginger Garlic paste 1tbsp
  • Curry leaves
  • Corrainder leaves
  • Cumin seeds
  • Mustard Seeds
  • Tumeric powder
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil 4-5tsps

Method

1. Take a pan. Heat it and add oil.
2. Fry onions till they turn tender light brown.
3. Add this to the gringer bowl. also add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, cashew nuts. Let it cool.
4. Meanwhile, take a pan. Add oil. After oil gets heated, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds. Once they start splitter, add turmeric powder, curry leaves.
5. Now add Capsicum, peas and fry well. Close the lid and let it become tender in itself. Don't add water yet.
6. Meanwhile grind the contents in the grinder.
7. Once the capsicum are 3/4th cooked(without adding water... this can happen if you keep the heat on medium flame and add enough oil), add the grinded paste and mix well so that paste is kind of fried.
8. let it sit for 2minutes. Then add 1cup water and let it boil for 10mins.
9. Add pinch of garam masala, salt and mix well.
10.Add malai and mix well.
11.Garnish with corrainder leaves and serve hot with rice or biryani or jeera rice or rotis or chapatis or tortillas.

Note:
1. I prefer already fried paneer which is available in indian stores. You can also get the normal frozen panee, cut into cubes and fry till they turn light brown.
2.You can also use tofu instead of paneer.
3. Malai: this is the part that floats when milk if boiled. I collected it whenever I heat milk for making curd. You can instead use whipping cream milk which is available in most of the non-indian stores at milk section itself.

Preparation Time: 40mins
Serves: 4-5

If you have any doubts do let me know. I'm happy to clear your doubts.
Sorry guys... photo is on its way...!!!