About Me

I'm a girl with lotzzz of emotions and dreams... And I just love my work... SO enjoii my blogs... :-)

Monday, July 28, 2008

Mamidikaya Pulihora or Mango Rice

This is a very traditional Indian dish and I know all Indians die for this... So I can help my friends who don't know how to make this dish, but like it a lot... So just follow the below instructions and try urself.... :)




Ingredients:

  • Boiled rice 2 cups
  • Green Chillies 8-9
  • Grated green Mango 1 cup
  • Red Chillies 2-3
  • Channa dal 1 tbs
  • Urad dal 1 tbs
  • Curry leaf
  • Corrainder or Cilantro
  • Cumin seeds
  • Mustard Seeds
  • Turmeric powder
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil as per requirement
Method

  • Take a pan, add oil.Once the oil gets heated up add channa dal, urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, Turmeric powder, red chillies. After they splutter, add curry leaves, green chillies.
  • Now rice is kept in a plate, add the above popu mix, and also grated mango, salt and mix well.
  • Keep this aside for 1omins so that the mango flavor get well mixed up with the rice.
  • Now Pulihora is ready to eat.
Preparation Time:
20mins for Preparation

Serves:
2