About Me

I'm a girl with lotzzz of emotions and dreams... And I just love my work... SO enjoii my blogs... :-)

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Halwa (Ravva kesar sweet)

Hey everyone, this is my first recipe in sweets and is one of my favorites. "Halwa" hmmm just listening the word itself sounds Yummyyyyyyyyyyy. Halwa is a sweet which can be done very easily by even a person who know basics of cooking. Because this is my own experience. So just checkout the recipe and try it, I bet you will definitely succeed and will appreciated from your loved ones. Isn't that great to hear? So lets see the recipe.




Ingredients:
  • 1 cup ravva
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tbs kaaju or cashew
  • 2tbs kismiss or bedana
  • 1 cup ghee
  • yellow or orange color(optional)
  • pinch of kesar
Method:
  • Take kesar into one 2-3 spoons of warm water.
  • Take a pan, add ghee.
  • Once the ghee gets heated up, add ravva, kaaju, kismiss and roast the mixture until ravva get light brown color.At this point you can add color of your own choice and mix well.
  • Add kesar along with water to the mix.
  • Now add water and mix well.
  • Then add sugar and mix well.
Preparation Time:
20mins for Preparation

Serves:
4

Note
The best way you can say that ravva got roasted is, when you add kismiss, after sometime you can see them becoming like balloon.


No comments: