About Me

I'm a girl with lotzzz of emotions and dreams... And I just love my work... SO enjoii my blogs... :-)

Monday, March 31, 2008

Guntapongalalu or andhra muffins

I think it is very difficult for some people to pronounce this, so try hard.... hehheee just kidding..... Anywayz coming to this recipe, this is a special telangana recipe made very easily from dosa batter.... listens easy right..... you just need the specially made tawa which is available in market. You can either find in Indian store or go to any American store and ask them pan for doing muffins..... This type of tawa should always be very thicker when compared to normal non-stick pans..... SO enjoiiii the recipe.....!!!







Ingredients:

  • Dosa batter
  • Chopped onions
  • Channa dal 1/4th cup soaked in water for an hour
  • Green chillies cut into very very small size 2 tbs
  • Corrainder or cilantro cut to very small size
  • Salt to taste
Method

  • Mix all the ingredeints in a bowl.
  • Take the tawa, heat it, and add oil in each small bowl shapes and add the above mixture and cover with a lid as shown in picture 2.
  • Now after 3-4 minutes when you think the other side becomes brown, slowly turn them.
  • And let them heat for 2mins.
  • Remove from pan and serve hot.
  • Can be served with Tomato Ketchup or coconut chutney.
Preparation Time:
10mins for single serve Preparation

Serves: 2

Note:
Tawa will be very hot so just take care of that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shruthi..these are one of my fav back in India...I didn't find a suitable pan here...Muffin pan use cheyochani naaku theleedu.>Thanks for the idea..

shruthi said...

most welcome....
I found them in Bed,bath and beyond.... they were same as our Indian iron pans.... I also saw in Indian stores but were non-stick.... but I prefered the iron once...